The British Viola Society (BVS) launched a new funding scheme for 2016/17
The Society will use this fund to provide financial support to one individual and up to three groups or organisations during 2016/17.
The financial contribution will be up to £300.
APPLICATIONS FOR THIS YEAR HAVE NOW CLOSED
The aim of the funding is to:
- increase opportunities for individuals and groups to participate in viola activities, for example through viola days and workshop events across Britain
- increase awareness of the viola through related activities and events
- support viola excellence, particularly amongst young people.
The closing date for applications is Friday 16th September 2016 and successful applicants will be notified by mid October 2016. Funds must be used within 12 months from the date of the award.
BVS Funding can be used for:
Organising a viola event or viola activity, for example:
- to employ a viola professional to direct the event
- towards the cost of venue hire.
Our priority is to support organisers of viola activities in parts of Britain where there is no existing provision. Applications from organisers of existing events will be considered subject to available resources.
A student bursary, particularly to support a young person, towards:
- fees to attend a specific educational viola event
- a viola research project
- related travel and accommodation costs.
Priority is given to applications from those aged 26 years and under. Mature students may be considered if funds permit.