This Competition runs alongside the 2016 International Viola Congress in Cremona, Italy.
The Associazione Italiana della Viola is hosting the 2016 Competition “Città di Cremona” which will take place from the 4th to 6th October 2016.
In alphabetical order the successful entrants are:
Julia Clancy, USA
Matthew Cohen, USA
Violaine Despeytoux, France
Miho Kawai, Japan
Ting-Ru Lai, Taiwan
Jarita Ng, Hongkong
Raphael Pahnon, France
Muriel Razavi, Germany.
Final rounds Cremona 4th-6th October 2016
- The competition consists of a preliminary round (video-taped), a semi-final and a final round.
- Age limit: competitors must be born on or after January 1, 1988.
- Competitors must be members in good standing with the Associazione Italiana della Viola (if Italian or from a country in which there is no viola society affiliated with the IVS) or of any section of the International Viola Society on 31 March 2016.
- Application deadline: by 11:59 p.m. (Italian time) on 31 March 2016.
- Preliminary Round: The jury will evaluate the videos received with the applications and select up to eight semifinalists by May 2, 2016. The names of the semifinalists will be announced by e-mail to the participants by May 16, 2016, and immediately afterwards to the public via press, conference blog and on our Facebook pages.
- Accommodation in Cremona will be provided to all semifinalists for the duration of the Congress.
- Semi-final round (with piano): Cremona, October 4, 2016 from 9,30 to 12,30 and from 14,00 to 17,00. The jury will evaluate the performances and select three finalists. The three finalists will be announced at the opening concert of the 43rd IVC, which will take place on October 4 at 20,30.
- Board and accommodation in Cremona will be provided for all finalists for the duration of the congress.
- Final round (with orchestra): Cremona, evening concert on October 6, 2016. The announcement of the standings and awards will take place at the end of the concert.
Full details and application guidelines are HERE
For all questions related to the International Viola Competition, please contact: IVC.Viola.Competition@gmail.com