When you join the British Viola Society (BVS) as a member, the BVS collects personal information from you including your name, email address, phone number, and mailing address.
The BVS is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
The BVS may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page periodically to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 15th October 2013.
Use of Member Information
The BVS uses member information for the purposes of :
· creating and maintaining individual member accounts;
· mailing the annual British Viola Society Journal;
· collecting important information pertaining to your membership in the BVS;
· emailing the monthly BVS Newsletter;
· sending you reminders about your BVS membership;
· contacting you in case of a problem with your subscription account;
· statistical analysis and the administration of the BVS systems;
· Membership surveys.
If you no longer wish to receive the BVS Newsletter, you may opt-out by following the unsubscribe link included in each email, or by contacting the BVS Secretary.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorized access or disclosure your personal information is kept private and stored securely until such a time that it is no longer required or has no use, as detailed in the Data Protection Act 1998.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we may not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
· whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes;
· if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or completing the ‘Contact Us’ form at www.britishviolasociety.co.uk.
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to The President, British Viola Society, Birmingham Conservatoire, Paradise Place, Fletchers Walk, Birmingham, West Midlands B3 3HG.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to us at the above address or complete the ‘Contact Us’ form at www.britishviolasociety.co.uk. as soon as possible. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
Users are advised that if they wish to deny the use and saving of cookies from this website on to their computers hard drive they should take necessary steps within their web browsers security settings to block all cookies from this website and its external serving vendors.
British Viola Society, Birmingham Conservatoire, Paradise Place, Fletchers Walk, Birmingham, West Midlands B3 3HG.
15 October 2013